The K laser is a low-power “cold” laser, which produces therapeutic light wavelengths. Laser therapy has been credited with many important beneficial effects in human treatment including:
- Pain Management
- Accelerated healing of soft-tissue injury
- Increased circulation
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial action
- Reduced scarring
- Accelerated bone regeneration and collagen synthesis
These lasers are now available to the veterinary world.
What Types of Problems can be Helped with K-Laser Therapy?
Many chronic problems such as arthritis, joint disease, fractures, soft tissue wounds. ligament problems, sprains, strains, post surgical wounds, back pain and neuromuscular diseases are being treated with laser therapy.
What are the Benefits of K-Laser Therapy?
- Most pets do not need to be sedated or have their hair clipped for the procedure
- The treated area feels better 12-24 hours after a treatment, but the treatments are cumulative in nature
- Up to a 50% improvement in mobility and pain reduction may be seen after 4 to 5 treatments
How Often Will My Pet Need to be Treated?
Most chronic conditions require treatments every other day for one week, twice the second week and once the third week. Laser therapy is cumulative and the initial 3-6 week courses will create results that last from 1 to 3 months. A single treatment at 1-3 months will last an additional 1-3 months depending upon the pet’s physical condition (optimum weight or obese) and the number of painful sites necessary to treat. Treatments are far less expensive than popular pain remedies and far less toxic to your pet’s body.
How Much do Treatments Cost?
The cost of an individual session can range from $48.00 to $60.00, depending on the area treated and the amount of time involved. Pre-purchased packages are available, ranging from $200.00 to $500.00 depending upon the number of treatments necessary.